Monday, February 27, 2012

not feeling too hot...


Sorry I haven’t written any posts lately. I have noticed that my brain has just not been working with me. At times when I go to write things and then I reread it I am like what the heck is going on! 
Anyway, I just have not been feeling that well. I know that I have seen improvement since August when it comes to my motor skills in therapy but how I really feel… not that much better at all- maybe even the same.


In November I started feeling worse with joint pain and I feel that the Celebrex has really helped mask that pain… until recently. I have had such bad pain in my hips and my back. Also, my wrist joints have really been bothering me. When telling my therapist he said that I am not weight shifting properly b/c of my neuropathy that my weight is all on my left, which causes my back to be in pain. It is like my spine is almost curving b/c of how I have been walking.  


I guess I am just so frustrated with still trying to function. Overall I have sensory ataxia and proprioception. Overall this means that my right leg needs some sensory input in order for it to move at times. I sometimes rub my hip or place my  heel on the ground that way my body has some input to move. Also when I am walking I feel that I have to look down to see where my foot is going. I am trying to look forward but I am having trouble with that. The Proprioception means:  The sense of position and movement of the limbs and the sense of muscular tension. The awareness of the orientation of the body in space and the direction, extent, and rate of movement of the limbs depend in part upon information derived from sensory receptors in the joints, tendons, and muscles. Information from these receptors, called proprioceptors, is normally integrated with that arising from vestibular receptors (which signal gravitational acceleration and changes in velocity of movements of the head), as well as from visual, auditory, and tactile receptors. Sensory information from certain proprioceptors, particularly those in muscles and tendons, need not reach consciousness, but can be used by the motor system as feedback to guide postural adjustments and control of well-practiced or semiautomatic movements such as those involved in walking. ( FreeDictionary.com)


Overall all my brain is just not communicating with my body whether I was it to physical or just when I am writing or having a conversation. The Lyme is winning over my brain and I am fighting hard not to let it win.


Lately I have been feeling pretty down. This whole thing has really taken a toll on me in so many ways. I just hope that if I get this Piccline next week that it helps me feel better because I really want to be me again soon!


On Wednesday I go back to the Integrative Medicine Doctor. I finished using that KMT frequency machine last week and I will see what the Doctor has to say about it on Wednesday. I really hope these parasites are dead! I mean I tried 3 rounds of different oral antibiotics- I hope that it helped! I will keep you posted on what the doctor says.


I also want to say THANK YOU to all have been supporting me. The visits, phone calls and cards truly have meant so much to me. Its is nice to know who is really there for you and supports you during rough times. I am lucky to have so many true and caring people in my life. Thanks to those who read and shared my blog. My blog has already helped people and has definitely helped raised awareness-, which was its main purpose. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment