Monday, March 26, 2012

a GREAT day for a WALK!


So last Thursday in physical therapy was- AWESOME! 


Mike, my PT, thought of trying to put tens electrodes on the bottom on my foot. He placed then on the bottom of my heel and under my arch.


The Tens sends “vibrations” to my brain telling my brain where my foot is and that it needs to walk! The pads stick to the bottom of my bare foot. I then am able to stick my foot into the shoe (without my brace) wires then go up my leg to a controller then I chose which frequency I need my foot to feel in order to walk. 


I found this picture online to what the Tens electrodes look like:




This is a video of my walking. You can see when I start the controller on my pants. I am SOOO Happy! This is giving me so much to look forward too! Flip Flops here I come ( hopefully- sooner than later )

No comments:

Post a Comment