Tuesday, March 13, 2012

the 60 days begin.....


My piccline was put in yesterday. 
I did go to a hospital to have it put in and then went to the doctors to have my first infusion. The intravenous medications I am on are Rocephrin and Vancomycin. The Rocephrin takes about an hour and the Vancomycin takes about 2 hours. 




Yesterday, the infusion lasted about an hour and a ½ before they only gave me half a bag of the Vancomycin. Today my infusion lasted 4 hours. The reason it was so long is  I was getting sick so they have to slow down my drip.


Though I am not feeling that well right now.. I am really hoping that this Lyme is dying! Between my integrative medicine doctor and my LLMD I am only looking towards the positive!


My symptoms that I have been having lately are fatigue, neuropathy (numbness and tingly on right side), headaches, joint pain, and confusion/short term memory loss.  I am hoping that once I am on these intravenous meds for a while that I will start feeling better. But I know I will feel worse before I feel better.


I had to cut down on my Physical Therapy because the medicine is taking a toll on me and with the Piccline being in my arm I can’t do as much with my upper extremities.  I was lucky enough that they agreed to put the Picc in my left arm so that I am still able to work on strengthening my right arm. 


While I am on the Picc and having these intravenous medications I have to have my infusion done at my LLMD’s office. Which means that I need to find a ride there everyday (off on weekends- on the weekends I am on Ceftin which is in pill form so I can take that antibiotic orally) I am also taking Azithromycin  Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I am also on Butyrate, which helps my gallbladder, while I am on all of these medications.


While on all of these antibiotics I will have blood work taken every week to check my liver, kidney, and other organ functions. I will be on these intravenous medications at least for 60 days.

1 comment:

  1. I remember this day, you have made so much progress. Sheila

    ReplyDelete