Sunday, March 11, 2012

and.. another piccline


Last Tuesday was not such a great day for me..
Around 7:30am I woke up with a numb tingling feeling on the left side of my face around my mouth. This feeling I knew was one I had before… I woke up with bell’s palsy AGAIN! I will say that the bells this time was not as bad as it was before but also my old bells I guess never really went away from what the neurologists say. When I looked in the mirror it was confirmed- my smile was not the same on both sides. I then knew that today was not going to be my day.


I then went to my integrative medicine doctors office to do my therapy treatments: the ozone sauna and the AutoSanguis Therapy. When the nurse went to take my blood for the autosanguis therapy I felt her pretty much digging into my arm.. all of a sudden I felt a pull or a snap in my arm and my left arm went numb. Great, the one arm that works well is now numb. My arm swelled up and I asked her to stop trying to get my blood. 


After I was done crying I then proceeded into the sauna where it got up to 106 degrees.. and boy was I sweating. As mentioned in my previous post here is a picture of me in the sauna. Please note these picture are of me in a serious and sad part of my life, I look terrible, feel terrible and its all just terrible.. this is to help raise awareness of what Chronic Lyme can do. 


After 30 minutes in the sauna I found 2 nurses to help try and take my blood for the autosanguis therapy- and with the two of them we found success.


I then had my drive to my LLMD to hear about my blood results. This was going to be a big appointment because I was going to find out if I needed another Piccline. Of course, I was hoping that all the natural medicine and therapies that I was doing would work and that my blood tests would show that I was getting better… but I was wrong.


My husband and I got the news that my blood tests showed that my Lyme was indeed still active and my numbers went up. So pretty much since August I am thinking, well I know, that this Lyme never died- or I guess even came close.


I am going to the hospital tomorrow morning-Monday, March 12, 2012. I will need this piccline for at least 60days. I am getting 60days of intervenous meds but am off on the weekend. I think I will be done around June 1, 2012. I will post what medication I will be on starting tomorrow once I see my script.


My doctor is an hour away and that is where I need to have my infusion- I have TRIED everything to have my infusion closer to home but sadly it can’t be done. I can not drive so I am trying to find rides between my family and friends. When people are fighting against Chronic Lyme they have to find LLMD doctors and there are not a lot that are close. This disease needs to get heard and we need to raise awareness.


I’m not gonna lie- I am really nervous and scared. I had no problems before with my piccline but I know there are great risks. I guess I am just feeling that my luck hasn’t been that great and having another piccline is just scaring me a little. But, I am looking to the positive- just think.. I could be great by June 1.. nice and healthy and ready for summer! So all I ask is to send some prayers my way that my fight against Lyme will be over in June (which will be almost a year in which I diagnosed)


Since I am not going to be feeling that well with all the new medicine and I will mostly likely be “herxing” which is where you get worse before you get better, my PT moved my therapy to only 2x a week and that is if I can handle that. I am just hoping that I don’t lose all the progress that I have made with my fine and gross motor skills. I am planning to do therapy on my own at home daily.


I will post how my day goes tomorrow as soon as I can. Thanks for reading and Let’s Raise Awareness!









2 comments:

  1. Keep up the fight Sam! You have so much to look forward to and such a will to beat this THING!! We are all pulling for you in every way we can! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I am fighting!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete