Monday, April 16, 2012

Brain Spect Scan


So on April 3, I went to the hospital to have a Brain Spect Scan done. The doctor ordered this to see exactly what or if anything was happening in my brain that MRI’s or Cat Scans would not pick up. We assumed I had the Lyme in my brain since I am having trouble walking, neuropathy, using my right hand/arm at times, thinking, coming up with words, talking, balance, reaction times, etc…Well the results came in and things were found.


Yes, I was upset to see that I did indeed have trouble in my brain but to see it on paper really is scary. Overall I am not having blood flow or if so low blood flow to certain areas of my brain. The final report states:
 Findings: The largest perfusion abnormalities identified are as follows:


Right Cerebral Hemisphere:
Large Temporal lobe perfusion defect
Posterior parietal/occipital perfusion defect


Left Cerebral Hemisphere:
Posterior parietal perfusion
Paramidline frontal hypoperfusion


A midline cerebellar defect is also appreciable.


Impression: Bilateral cerebral white matter perfusion abnormalities and one midline cerebellar defect.


So these were my findings.. whatever they meant! From what I understood from my doctor again is lack of blood flow or oxygen flow to brain causing me to have these neurological deficits. The midline cerebellar I believe is where the balance issues are. So I think that these parts of my brain are gone so I am retaching other parts of my brain how to do things that the parts that are affected use to do.


I am not sure if I am making sense or if I am even correct… I am trying to continue to research these findings or talk to my doctor about them again. He says one things to me and I forget it 2 secondds later.. us Lymies call it “Lyme Brain or fog”. If anyone has any input and can explain this to me better.. that would be great!


Flagyl- I did speak to him abut me herxing so bad so instead of 2- 500mg pills daily I am to take ½ of a 500mg pill daily ( so 250mg daily) whew… that Flagyl is crazy strong!! 


Thanks for reading and please continue to raise awareness!

2 comments:

  1. Flagyl IS something else!! I had to do it thru IV bc my belly couldn't handle it!! I wish u good luck:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh.. it is terrible!! I hate it! I am still trying to do the pill form since I am already at infusion 3-5 hours a day. But, thanks for the heads up incase I need the IV form. Thanks for reading and responding <3

      Delete