Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Doctors Doctors Doctors

So what has been going since this Piccline has been out?

I ended up getting sick. I guess this makes sense since I was on about 5 antibiotics for months and then just stopped. I ended up having a bad sore throat and bad ear pain/pressure. I went and saw my primary doctor who thought I  probably have Strep Throat or Mono. I felt so sick that I could barely get out of bed..

I then made an appoint with my Lyme Dr to see if it was my Lyme flaring up. He thought I may have Mono too.. So I went and had the Mono blood test- good news- no mono.. but I am still sick. I also saw my integrative medicine doctor who said my Lyme was in remission but I am still fighting off metals: mercury and lead.

I then went and saw an ENT who said my Eustachian Tubes were completely blocked. He then said steroids would be the best thing to open up my ears. Us Lymies know that steroids and Lyme are NOT a good combination. But I really had no choice- I was losing my hearing and in SO much pain. I ended up taking the steroids and the ear pain did get better. I am getting allergy testing done this week. It has been about 4 weeks that I have been fighting this cold/virus and now I have a deep cough.

Overall, I think that it is just hard to fight anything right now because my immune system is so compromised. I am continuing to workout out in the wellness program, eat well, taking supplements and try to heal my body.

I did meet with my Lyme doctor who told me that my c6peptide number was low! YAY! I was at 1.60 in January and now am at negative 0.70! I had more blood work taken on July 24.. I will find out how my numbers are on August 16- please pray that my number is still low! I also got a CD57 blood test done as well. Very nervous but hopeful for good results!

I also saw my neurologist and he was super impressed with how far I have come. After talking to him I am starting to come off of my Neurotin. I just want to try to come off of as many meds as I can- but stay on all naturals because I know I can't be off of everything.

So.. how have I been doing? I still have the cold and at times still very exhausted. I am able to do many more things now but then I am tired- I need breaks and a 20-40 minute nap everyday. I did also have 1 scary episode. This Friday for about an hour and 15 minutes my leg went all completely numb and tingly on me. I had trouble walking again. I did lay down and put my tens unit on me and had to calm down because as you can imagine I was a hysterical mess. I did have workout in the wellness program extra hard that week and that morning so maybe that caused something but I do not know. Maybe because I just stopped the Neurotin? I have been fine since then but I am scared that these flare ups are going to happen. Are they always going to happen?

I continue to think positive and kick Lyme Butt!!

Good News- Going back to teaching in September after missing a whole school year! I am so excited and so blessed to be able to live my life again! Thank you for all of your support and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment