Friday, July 13, 2012

Goodbye PT- Hello Wellness Program!

So last week was my last week of Physical Therapy. August will be 1 year since I have been in Physical Therapy! Here is a picture of me that my Physical Therapist took on my last day- he even brought in a graduation cap for me!


So am I 100% better and have a perfect gait... NO.. but I am better! I am actually still going to be at the PT office still 3 days a week but instead of doing Physical Therapy, I will be doing the Wellness Program. The Wellness Program in like a medical exercise program. The Therapists will still be there to support me when needed and put me on a program but I will be more independent. :)


I am still having very bad hip, knee and back pain. My hip seems to be pulling forward and it can mess up my gait even more. I think from me sitting for 5 hours a day for months and not having any use of my right side for months kind of messed up my body. So I am continuing to work those joints and muscles kind of reteach them how they are suppose to work.


I am driving!!! I have been driving locally for the past few weeks!!! It feels great to run errands! I actually can't wait to run to the food store or get gas in the car.. my independence is almost back 100%!!! woohoo! I am hoping to try longer distances in the near future!


So I have been off the Picc for over 3 weeks now and still feeling not that well. It turns out that I now have strep throat. I guess my immune system still has trouble fighting its battles and I will get colds easier. Just another fight to fight.


I met with my integrative medicine doctor on Wednesday and the Lyme still seemed to be in remisson but my Mercury was still active so I am still fighting that off. I know it will take a while before I feel great again.. even a year- I am just being impatient I guess. I see my LLMD on the 24th!! Hoping my C6peptide result and my Western Blot result show no active Lyme!!


I am in the process of detoxing. I am drinking lemon water like crazy, Epsom salt baths, PC pills, wheat grass cubes, organic chorella pills & organic cilantro drops. Any other detox tricks from you Lymies out there? Please share! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment